If you like a little heat with your chicken, this recipe is just for you! Milk not included.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, like Franks or Texas Pete
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Place a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add the hot sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, butter and red pepper flakes to the sauce pan. Cook until the butter and sugar are melted and take off the heat.
- Taste the sauce. If it is too spicy for you add more brown sugar continue cooking until the sugar is melted.
- While the sauce cooking, place an oven safe pan over medium high heat and add the oil. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper then add to the pan. Saute for 3-5 minutes then flip the chicken, baste with the sauce and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes.
- Baste again with the sauce and place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked all the way. Make sure to baste it once or twice while it is cooking in the oven.