Scallops with Roasted Grape Risotto
Seafood lovers, rejoice! Scallops pair wonderfully with this creamy roasted risotto.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 shallot or half an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine, optional
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of red seedless grapes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Toss grapes with a little oil, salt, and pepper and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Place a large pot over medium high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is shimmering add the onions and saute for 3-4 minutes then add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Now add the rice to the pan and stir. Turn the heat down to medium and start adding the broth one cup at a time. Continue stirring until almost all of the liquid is absorbed by the rice then add another cup of broth. Do this until all the broth is used.
- Once all the broth is used remove from the heat and add the cheese, butter and season to taste.
- When you add the last cup of stock to the rice place another pan over medium high heat and add a table spoon of oil.
- Make sure the scallops are nice and dry then season with salt and pepper. When the oil is shimmering place scallops in the pan and do not move them or shake the pan. Let them sear for 1 ½ - 2 minutes then flip and repeat.
- To serve mix some of the grapes into the risotto and scoop it onto a plate. Top with scallops and place the remaining grapes around scallops.