Baked Mac N Cheese
Cheesy goodness in a bowl. Try this Baked Mac N Cheese recipe for your next get together!
- 1 box of elbow pasta, or pasta of your choosing
- 2/3 cup crushed crackers
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk, room temp or warm
- 4 cups of cheese*
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp hot sauce
*You can use a mixture of cheeses for your mac n cheese. Try to use 2-3 different kinds of cheese in it so you have more flavor in your cheese sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Place a large pot over medium high heat and add four tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is melted add the flour and stir, it should start to look like paste. Slowly add in the milk stirring the whole time. You should have a thick white sauce now.
- Turn the heat down to low and start adding your cheese a cup at a time. Once the cheese is almost completely melted add the next cup. Continue this process until all the cheese is added.
- Add the spices, Worcestershire and hot sauce and stir. Turn off the stove and add the cooked pasta.
- Now melt the butter in the microwave, add your crackers to a food processor. Once butter is melted add it to the food processor and process to mix in the butter and crush the crackers. If you don’t have a food processor just crush the crackers in a bowl, add the butter and stir everything together.
- Pour the cheese and noodle mixture into an oven proof pan, sprinkle the crushed up crackers over top the noodles and cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling around the edges.