Volunteering at the Kitchen
We appreciate our loyal volunteers like Linda Pillinger, shown here doing prep work.
Volunteers are the key to Huntington's Kitchen's success. You can commit as much time as you choose on a regular schedule or an as-needed basis. Some ways that you can help are:
- greeting visitors and explaining our mission
- assisting with classes, events and/or catering
- serving as a guest instructor for classes
If you prefer to work behind the scenes, the kitchen manager welcomes your help preparing for classes and events or providing administrative assistance.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteers for Huntington's Kitchen enjoy the same benefits as volunteers at Cabell Huntington Hospital, including:
- A 10% discount at both CHH gift shops
- Invitations to special hospital events
- Free meals in the CHH cafeteria on the days you volunteer
- Pharmacy discount after 90 calendar days of service IF your doctor is a CHH or MU-employed physician AND you maintain a minimum of eight volunteer service hours per month as logged by CERVIS, the tracking system for hours used for time keeping
- An invitation to the free bi-annual volunteer appreciation dinner when you have volunteered twelve hours or more within the previous six months
Here are the ways your commitment to Huntington's Kitchen will be recognized:
- Volunteers earn service hours for their volunteer time, including hours worked and training time
- Service awards are presented for the first 500 hours served, each 1000 hours served thereafter, and at each five-year anniversary
- Volunteers may have an opportunity to participate in our public relations and marketing initiatives
- Volunteers are recognized each spring during National Volunteer Week
Please review Becoming a Volunteer at Huntington's Kitchen, a booklet created to provide all the information necessary to become a volunteer, including the three forms you are required to complete and submit. You can print them page by page from the booklet or by using this link, which includes only the three required forms.
Your time and talents are appreciated! Please contact Huntington's Kitchen today to learn what you can do to join the revolution and change the way our community eats, one meal at a time.